7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

And here's a shot of #8055 in it's first day in service. Something is better than nothing. BTW, when did they put a Titan sign at Division/Blue line's stairwell? I don't remember that. They should try and put a sign at all station entrances before you pay, this way you can make an educated decision, shall I go this way or not?

#8055: post-304-0-83786500-1427950774_thumb.png

Damn, #8098 is out on the #49!!

BTW, I noticed some taggers put their mark on the rear end of #8020 (red paint) They should have the facilities at the garage to do a touch up paint repair if something like that happens. They also hit the tail of #1647 (black paint) freshly rehabbed too.

Damn, #8098 is out on the #49!!

BTW, I noticed some taggers put their mark on the rear end of #8020 (red paint) They should have the facilities at the garage to do a touch up paint repair if something like that happens. They also hit the tail of #1647 (black paint) freshly rehabbed too.

I actually rode #8098 earlier this morning. It was in a bus race with an #68xx. I gotta say, the engines on the 7900s is kind of quiet.

And here's a shot of #8055 in it's first day in service. Something is better than nothing. BTW, when did they put a Titan sign at Division/Blue line's stairwell? I don't remember that. They should try and put a sign at all station entrances before you pay, this way you can make an educated decision, shall I go this way or not?

#8055: attachicon.gifcta 8055 on 9.PNG

You're not the only one who didn't notice that Titan sign before on the Division Blue Line stop. Until you captured it in the photo with 8055 and shared it with us, I didn't know the sign was there either.

You're not the only one who didn't notice that Titan sign before on the Division Blue Line stop. Until you captured it in the photo with 8055 and shared it with us, I didn't know the sign was there either.

There's two at Chicago/MIlwaukee, sw and ne corners also, but not the ogden se entrance. I think they have all the post war subway stations covered. Just Logan, Belmont and possibly O'Hare to do.

Here's some more #8000's, including the first day in service #8094. I would've had #8096, but that operator skipped the whole Halsted Orange line and went straight down Archer. He had riders and a not in service sign, the tracker said he was logged in. Maybe he figured no one would notice but I noticed. :P

#8082: post-304-0-97789600-1428120412_thumb.png

#8092: post-304-0-21103600-1428120428_thumb.png post-304-0-71460900-1428120420_thumb.png

#8094: post-304-0-16100600-1428120395_thumb.png post-304-0-35692600-1428120403_thumb.png

I played around with my zoom lens on #8082 and #8094

FG Maintenance still says no new buses expected anytime soon. About 20 dead buses sitting at garage awaiting removal to S Shops, with masking tape "X" on windshield. 6400 included. Some dead ones are going to S Shops under own power!

Well they have to get rid of buses now, they got the 8 new ones today and most likely will get 25-35 more by the time 74th gets all 100 #8000's, so that will purge some of those. Chicago will most likely become #6800's and Fg will have the rest. Chicago will probably get the #8100's and Fg will then get the #6800's. What kind of concerns me is there is no scrap contract up for bid for the last 250 #6400's. If the #1000's are not all rehabbed by #8199's arrival at Chicago and the possibility of the option is not exercised, I wonder would they then pull those remaining unrehabbed #1000's off the street to rehab them and leave FG with the 250 #6400 Novas, even though there is unused newer equipment available. If their out to screw FG, and this is CTA we're talking about, this seems like the logical choice.

Well they have to get rid of buses now, they got the 8 new ones today and most likely will get 25-35 more by the time 74th gets all 100 #8000's, so that will purge some of those. Chicago will most likely become #6800's and Fg will have the rest. Chicago will probably get the #8100's and Fg will then get the #6800's. What kind of concerns me is there is no scrap contract up for bid for the last 250 #6400's. If the #1000's are not all rehabbed by #8199's arrival at Chicago and the possibility of the option is not exercised, I wonder would they then pull those remaining unrehabbed #1000's off the street to rehab them and leave FG with the 250 #6400 Novas, even though there is unused newer equipment available. If their out to screw FG, and this is CTA we're talking about, this seems like the logical choice.

Well I still don't think Rauner pissing folks off across the state has any effect on whether they exercise the option for those other 150 7900s. Possible service cuts or no (and at this point it's still a BIG if on that happening given our current split state government setup and Rauner even ticking off his own party), they still have to operate what remains with something. And I just don't see 250 6400s if any at all surviving beyond next year.

Well I still don't think Rauner pissing folks off across the state has any effect on whether they exercise the option for those other 150 7900s. Possible service cuts or no (and at this point it's still a BIG if on that happening given our current split state government setup and Rauner even ticking off his own party), they still have to operate what remains with something. And I just don't see 250 6400s if any at all surviving beyond next year.

You would think if they cut 11 routes, that would translate to around 100 buses, but really I don't see why they are going with 25 electric buses versus this 150 bus option, unless the buses have an issue. Don't they realize, that is going to put FG with possible 16-20 year buses? There's got to be something to that we don't know yet. Maybe they are doing both. Is there a time frame on exercising the option?

I hate to look at the future, but what will the 2017 budget cut? If they can't make budgets year after year and they cut 11 routes every year, well then you can just close FG in two years. Right now thanks to Rauner, the system is once again broken. We are going back to the Kruesi era when he said "We're going to have change how transit is funded in this state"

At least Rauner has new buses going past the Rauner Family YMCA. :P (2600 block of south western)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/21022123@N04/5241689548/

You would think if they cut 11 routes, that would translate to around 100 buses, but really I don't see why they are going with 25 electric buses versus this 150 bus option, unless the buses have an issue. Don't they realize, that is going to put FG with possible 16-20 year buses? There's got to be something to that we don't know yet. Maybe they are doing both. Is there a time frame on exercising the option?

I hate to look at the future, but what will the 2017 budget cut? If they can't make budgets year after year and they cut 11 routes every year, well then you can just close FG in two years. Right now thanks to Rauner, the system is once again broken. We are going back to the Kruesi era when he said "We're going to have change how transit is funded in this state"

At least Rauner has new buses going past the Rauner Family YMCA. :P (2600 block of south western)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/21022123@N04/5241689548/

Well since Rauner as governor can't legally pass a state budget but can only propose one or sign one into law after the legislature passes one, I still say all he's accomplished so far is getting folks to put the cart before the horse in their worries over what he can actually get through. When he's already pissed off what small number of his party serving in the legislature, I'd say he has a very tough sell job coming ahead of him on the budget front. But that's what happens when a chunk of the voting population votes more because they're mad at the previous guy in charge and not because they objectively examined what the new guy said or didn't say what he hoped to do once elected.