5000-series - Updates

greenstreet

Saw this post on Facebook first, but yeah, it's cool to see the car numbers that high. Just a little over 100 to go!

I still can't believe there are now more 5000s than 2600s, the former kings.

Yes indeed but I'm just waiting how is this going to play out because Red, Yellow, and Purple can't get the rest of them.

Saw this post on Facebook first, but yeah, it's cool to see the car numbers that high. Just a little over 100 to go!

I still can't believe there are now more 5000s than 2600s, the former kings.

But won't be as many as the real kings the 6000s (720) plus the similar 1-50s (50).

I guess once all the 5000's arrive they would be the 2nd most group of cars cta had right? With them being 714, behind the classic 6000 series which I believe was about 720 all together right and the 2600's in 3rd with 600 even?? Notice I said current, excluding the future order of 7000 which will total out to 846.

I rode 5598 and it still has the ATC sound where all the other 5000s were delivered. I think CTA should keep the lower pitched ATC on the 5000s.

I'm honestly not sure why they're changing them. It could be for consistency, but now the 3200 ATC systems are being rebuilt and will most likely have the ability to change the pitch, and I prefer the lower-tone too as it's less annoying. But alas more and more 5000s are still being changed to the higher tone...

I'm honestly not sure why they're changing them. It could be for consistency, but now the 3200 ATC systems are being rebuilt and will most likely have the ability to change the pitch, and I prefer the lower-tone too as it's less annoying. But alas more and more 5000s are still being changed to the higher tone...

I can see that reason because some 5000's have the same exact tone/pitch, so they can alternate btw sounds. Idk why CTA thought it was a good idea to make that change and the ATC sounds on the 5000's is what makes them unique.

It should become a train operator's option.

I'm pretty sure I've read on this forum that bus operators have many, many options when they logon to BustRacker for their drive; even including one where they can change the sound of a "stop requested" note from a boop to a ding.

But most do not bother to do this. ^_^

We can give this to train operators.

Why hasn't the Blue line gotten any? Or rather, why did Yellow and Pink get priority over Blue? Did they have the older cars? Had it been up to me, priority would have been like this

1st: Blue/Red

2nd: Brown

3rd: Orange

4th: Purple/Green

5th: Pink/Yellow

It would have been inefficient to have different series of cars running on Red/Purple/Yellow. I agree, however, that it would make more sense to put 5000s on Blue instead of Pink and Orange.

I'd be nice to get the new cars on the Blue (because I ride that one everyday :P). Everything I've heard has suggested that Blue won't get any.

I guess the 7000s are supposed to start coming in in 2019, if that goes according to plan!!

I hope it soon gets some 3200's to use until then, just like Forest Glen not getting 7900's to replace its 6400's, but seemingly at least finally getting some 1000's.

It should become a train operator's option.

I'm pretty sure I've read on this forum that bus operators have many, many options when they logon to BustRacker for their drive; even including one where they can change the sound of a "stop requested" note from a boop to a ding.

But most do not bother to do this. ^_^

We can give this to train operators.

Why do you call that Bust Racker? Maybe I know why. I've been watching the #77's on bustracker. I've been noticing alot of buses get to Belmont/Kimball blue line and the tracker jumps from arrival at Kedzie at 3 minutes to arrive at blue line at 19 minutes, then when you ride the bus it gets to Milwaukee and the tracker says it's due at Lamon in one minute and skips all service in between. This is really inaccurate. I've waited for buses myself and it says the bus is at lamon, I missed it. When you look down there it's not there. A bus usually shows up in 5 minutes. Whoever is taking care of Bustracker needs to look at this because you don't know when the buses are coming. This has happened at least 4 or 5 times to me. I don't know if it's every bus but it's sort of confusing.

My dad told me on the phone that he saw 5603-04 on the Red Line at Howard getting ready to go south. Somebody keep an eye out for them; and BusHunter, put it in the roster.

Hard to believe but we're down to the last 100 cars and no sign yet of them going to the Orange line. Bombardier has to be getting close to the end of production, they are usually 30-40 cars ahead in the build process. No doubt they probably have all the shells built, as the next 20 or so are in production most likely. That would leave 40 shells sitting somewhere.

I hope it soon gets some 3200's to use until then, just like Forest Glen not getting 7900's to replace its 6400's, but seemingly at least finally getting some 1000's.

Its just plain ridiculous that the CTA has 700 of the 5000 series cars and yet none are going to the Blue Line! There are still over a hundred of these cars still yet to arrive and they have no idea where to place them in service! When the 2200s were retired, I was expecting a move forward, what does CTA do??? They replace them with the oldest 2600s from the Red Line! and b.s ing the public that new improvements are being made! Now the 2400s are gone and those lines will benefit from the new 5000s! CTA should put in place a better solution so that all lines and residents can benefit the enjoyment of new train cars! With 700 new L cars, its just hard to believe that CTA wont send any to the Blue lIne and the easy solution is to continue the misery and send more 2600s to the Blue! They wont even send rehabbed 3200s which would be a nice alternative! But even that wont happen! CTA is too busy catering only to certain areas of the city while other neighborhoods are stuck in early 2000 and 1985! I stopped riding CTA buses and trains here on the NW side because Im sick and tired of riding the same buses for the last twelve years! Im also sick and tired of riding the same train cars for the last thirty years!!! Its obvious that CTA only cares about certain areas of the city and not much for others!