Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

3 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Since system pick going on at C I wonder what route changes may come & swapping buses for the same models for some reason with other garage will come out of it 

Well system pick is city wide so this is definitely interesting. I forgot one was due ??

55 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Well system pick is city wide so this is definitely interesting. I forgot one was due ??

Just hope they make route changes it don't really make sense to do a bus swap cuz they only swapping for the same models they already got but idk cuz 4198 been at C for a couple days now not sure if C gone get the artics back

28 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Just hope they make route changes it don't really make sense to do a bus swap cuz they only swapping for the same models they already got but idk cuz 4198 been at C for a couple days now not sure if C gone get the artics back

Eh. Probably more cause C is the training grounds for new operators and little road training before they get on the streets. 

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Well, Temple University will transition to online classes effective next Monday due to Coronavirus concerns and are also asking most people to leave the dorms as well. Is UChicago still open? And if they close for the rest of the semester, are the 171/172/192 still going to run?

The NHL and the NBA have suspended their seasons with MLB expected to follow suit.

As far as UC, I don't know if they will only have classes online like many other UNIVERSITIES,  but I don't think it will impact service on 170/1/2.  They are still public routes, as is the 192.  The UC also has hospitals.   How ridership is affected remains to be seen,  but for now dont expect any changes. 

5 hours ago, artthouwill said:

The NHL and the NBA have suspended their seasons with MLB expected to follow suit.

As far as UC, I don't know if they will only have classes online like many other UNIVERSITIES,  but I don't think it will impact service on 170/1/2.  They are still public routes, as is the 192.  The UC also has hospitals.   How ridership is affected remains to be seen,  but for now dont expect any changes. 

U of C is switching to online classes starting March 30th. I can imagine routes 171 and 172 might be reduced to peak-only, like during the summer, but I also wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens to them. I don't think anything will happen to the 192.

3 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Was over at K kicking it with a driver I know & seen 1434 from 6 is over at K is this the start of a pointless bus swap pic of proof coming right up

IMG_20200318_103906602_HDR.jpg

Milage swaps. Gotta remember even if it seems pointless K has AM and PM heavy runs, 74th has almost no AM heavy runs so little things like that are at play 

47 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Milage swaps. Gotta remember even if it seems pointless K has AM and PM heavy runs, 74th has almost no AM heavy runs so little things like that are at play 

Aw ok I was just seeing it 1 way cuz they all swap for the same models but idk for sure if it's a swap but 1434 over here at K

5 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Aw ok I was just seeing it 1 way cuz they all swap for the same models but idk for sure if it's a swap but 1434 over here at K

One model at one garage can have more milage than one of the same at another especially with 1000 of the same bus ??. Also gotta look at service demands that's why FG are stuck with the old Nova's cause their rush heavy 

8 hours ago, Sam92 said:

One model at one garage can have more milage than one of the same at another especially with 1000 of the same bus ??. Also gotta look at service demands that's why FG are stuck with the old Nova's cause their rush heavy 

Aw ok bet I got you now broham I see your point 

https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/03/17/cta-metra-see-sharp-drop-in-riders-considering-service-reductions/

“This morning it was really light and on the way home there were six people in my train car. Usually it’s close to completely packed,” Pilger said. She added that the only people on it seemed to be blue collar workers.

“The demographic of the train was very different. It’s almost completely working class black and brown people. Like me, they have jobs that we can’t do from home,” Pilger said.

I found that tidbit the most interesting in the whole article. It's interesting because Temple is making us vacate the dorms and normally, I'd return to DC since I live there, but I might have to return to Chicago because my mother is moving into a smaller place and if that's the case, I'd have to return to Chicago and I'd be forced to look for work, probably at Jewel's since I'm within 1 bus ride of the on at 75th/Stony & 60th/Cottage

On 3/9/2020 at 6:56 PM, WCR said:

Same problem with android. Usually gets fixed within a couple days.

Hope I am on the correct thread or close to it. My Google Chrome crashed  and along with it my favorites. One was a site that illustrated on Chicago real time bus stops and routes. One option under routes illustrated  a vertical column of a route chosen of all the buses. Not a map. Not sure if it is on one Maths22 sites or not. Anyone familiar with this site? would really like it back.

21 minutes ago, sht6131 said:

Hope I am on the correct thread or close to it. My Google Chrome crashed  and along with it my favorites. One was a site that illustrated on Chicago real time bus stops and routes. One option under routes illustrated  a vertical column of a route chosen of all the buses. Not a map. Not sure if it is on one Maths22 sites or not. Anyone familiar with this site? would really like it back.

http://www.ctabustracker.com/bustime/map/displaymap.jsp

http://www.ctabustracker.com/bustime/eta/eta.jsp?route=60&direction=Eastbound&stop=Cicero %26 24th Place Terminal&id=10269&showAllBusses=on

Are either of these it?