More Bus Moves

sw4400

5 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

So let me get this straight, we were short buses yesterday for the PM school runs but they we're able to help out 103rd today, ahh the operations puzzle me at times. 

Did you guys have a little of buses down yesterday for breakdowns and/or scheduled maintenance?

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

So let me get this straight, we were short buses yesterday for the PM school runs but they we're able to help out 103rd today, ahh the operations puzzle me at times. 

I told you bro bro sometimes I think 7 dont be feeling like using their buses how the golden child garage be short of buses way more then the middle child garage & stepchild garage

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

Did you guys have a little of buses down yesterday for breakdowns and/or scheduled maintenance?

From my estimates just from looking and counting yesterday yes. I counted at least 20-25 buses that were down for numerous issues including a few minor accidents. 

4 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

From my estimates just from looking and counting yesterday yes. I counted at least 20-25 buses that were down for numerous issues including a few minor accidents. 

4 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I told you bro bro sometimes I think 7 dont be feeling like using their buses how the golden child garage be short of buses way more then the middle child garage & stepchild garage

Well if 77th was loaning to 103rd for a morning piece you gotta remember 77th is more likely to have spare equipment in the morning as a PM heavy garage. Thats partially why they ended up taking the Metra Shuttles. That’s how I’ve always seen loans happen since high school. 103rd has always borrowed from 77th mainly durijg mornings cause their AM requirements are a bit higher than the PM. If anything there used to be a 3 way dependency, 74th was involved in frequent loaning to 7 and 03 (also had to help out with 108 in the mornings) but that ended when decrowding put an end to the wild interlines caused by the 2010 cuts stretching the fleet thin (everything at 95th being one run group, 134, 143 using buses from 5 garages, all of North LSD being the same group)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sam92 said:

Well if 77th was loaning to 103rd for a morning piece you gotta remember 77th is more likely to have spare equipment in the morning as a PM heavy garage. Thats partially why they ended up taking the Metra Shuttles. That’s how I’ve always seen loans happen since high school. 103rd has always borrowed from 77th mainly durijg mornings cause their AM requirements are a bit higher than the PM. If anything there used to be a 3 way dependency, 74th was involved in frequent loaning to 7 and 03 (also had to help out with 108 in the mornings) but that ended when decrowding put an end to the wild interlines caused by the 2010 cuts stretching the fleet thin (everything at 95th being one run group, 134, 143 using buses from 5 garages, all of North LSD being the same group)

Aw dam I aint know that

2 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Metra shuttles? What happened here?

Also, can you explain the part in bold a bit more? I'm mostly unfamiliar with how this would work and what the ramifications were?