More Bus Moves

sw4400

1 hour ago, sht6131 said:

Hope I posted this right. Has anybody noticed if 8342 is still at Kedzie. If so does it have a sticker posted  on the windshield similar to 1380. Have not heard much about it lately.

8342 still had the 3 sticker on the windshield when I saw it last week & I didn't see no training bus paper tapped to the windows

52 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

How come the 31 31st bus runs out of K instead of 77th

When did that change? Initially it came out of 77th as the two buses used for the route came from the a.m runs of the 1 Bronzeville/Union..  Perhaps the thinking now is that 35 and 39 come from K, why not the 31?   Maybe the 31 could interline with the 35.

1 minute ago, artthouwill said:

When did that change? Initially it came out of 77th as the two buses used for the route came from the a.m runs of the 1 Bronzeville/Union..  Perhaps the thinking now is that 35 and 39 come from K, why not the 31?   Maybe the 31 could interline with the 35.

My bad I got it mixed up the 31 runs out of 77th and the 35 31/35th runs out of K but also why does 35 run out of K instead of 77th

2 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

My bad I got it mixed up the 31 runs out of 77th and the 35 31/35th runs out of K but also why does 35 run out of K instead of 77th

When Archer closed, the 35 and 39 were assigned to 77th.  The thinking then was driver reliefs at the Six 35th Red Line station.  I believe the reasons for switching to K were twofold.  First, the extension of the 35 to Cicero made deadheads very long and secondly, K provides a direct driver relief for both routes at Kedzie on their respective routes.  77th drivers had to bus or walk to the Red Line and ride the train to 35th.