More Bus Moves

sw4400

On 6/17/2019 at 6:55 AM, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Well 1052-1056 or 1055 have moved since 1057 is at 103rd

Aw ok I wonder what all they don't end up switching I wonder if C gone send 18'19s to 03 while 03 send 10'& 11's but we all know C not giving up their 20's they been there since they came in service in 09  through all the swaps 

On 6/17/2019 at 4:44 PM, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

1052-1053 103rd>K

1054-1055 103rd>C

1197-1198 103rd>K

1791-1792 FG>NP

1800 FG

1801-1803 FG>C

For the record... I am noticing the changes you are all posting and appreciate it. I am in the daily back and forth with the 6400-Series Nova LFS buses(what's in service and rotated out of service) as well as what you are posting. Once I see these buses in their new garages on the bus tracker, I will update. 1052,1055 and 1791 still show as not running or not existing on the tracker I check daily*.

*Updates by me are only done Monday-Friday and not weekends/holidays due to low 6400-Series Nova LFS use.

5 hours ago, sw4400 said:

For the record... I am noticing the changes you are all posting and appreciate it. I am in the daily back and forth with the 6400-Series Nova LFS buses(what's in service and rotated out of service) as well as what you are posting. Once I see these buses in their new garages on the bus tracker, I will update. 1052,1055 and 1791 still show as not running or not existing on the tracker I check daily*.

*Updates by me are only done Monday-Friday and not weekends/holidays due to low 6400-Series Nova LFS use.

Someone did post a picture in here of 1055 at C and it did run couple days ago as well as 1791 on Monday I checked it was on 36 out of NP

Not sure where this fits and hopefully what I am posting doesn't come off the wrong way but I suppose it will ease some anxiety.

My first time using CTA was 2009 before Ventra was rolled out. I was taken to Midway station for the orange line by some friends and ended up using the machine and printed out one of those paper magnetic cards. I guess those cards were multi use I think was one of the 7 day ones.

Anyways, where I became confused was the bus system, I ended up going on the bus and saw some people putting money into the slot, I figured the buses didnt use the Chicago card and honestly now cannot recall if I overpaid the fare or underpaid, I just remember putting dollar bills in confused why I wasnt receiving change or how to add change and going to my seat, nothing ever said. 

I found out recently on the website that CTA does accept cash payments on the bus but it has to be exact. Anyways I realize this was 10 years ago but the last thing I would ever want is to fear accidently commiting fare evasion. I am pretty certain that I haven't done anything wrong but I am assuming the drivers have a terminal that advises the fare was paid for?

Sorry again for the rediculous question, I guess just sometimes with anxiety, I read stories in the news in this case years later and then the anxiety kicks in making me try to recall if I have ever done anything wrong.

Thanks. 

6 minutes ago, ctowntravel said:

Not sure where this fits and hopefully what I am posting doesn't come off the wrong way but I suppose it will ease some anxiety.

My first time using CTA was 2009 before Ventra was rolled out. I was taken to Midway station for the orange line by some friends and ended up using the machine and printed out one of those paper magnetic cards. I guess those cards were multi use I think was one of the 7 day ones.

Anyways, where I became confused was the bus system, I ended up going on the bus and saw some people putting money into the slot, I figured the buses didnt use the Chicago card and honestly now cannot recall if I overpaid the fare or underpaid, I just remember putting dollar bills in confused why I wasnt receiving change or how to add change and going to my seat, nothing ever said. 

I found out recently on the website that CTA does accept cash payments on the bus but it has to be exact. Anyways I realize this was 10 years ago but the last thing I would ever want is to fear accidently commiting fare evasion. I am pretty certain that I haven't done anything wrong but I am assuming the drivers have a terminal that advises the fare was paid for?

Sorry again for the rediculous question, I guess just sometimes with anxiety, I read stories in the news in this case years later and then the anxiety kicks in making me try to recall if I have ever done anything wrong.

Thanks. 

The cash bus fare was $2.25 in 2009. If you only put $2 in, the bus driver likely would have asked for the additional 25 cents. However, the part where you said you expected change makes it sound like you put in at least $3. Overpaying in that manner sometimes happens when the passenger doesn’t have any quarters, so the driver wouldn’t have thought that to be unusual. If you had put in $4 or more, the bus driver would likely have been confused, but wouldn’t necessarily have said anything because they cannot remove money from the fare box.

Even if you did only pay $2, they’re not going to come after you. Another somewhat common scenario is that the passenger puts $2 in and then claims not to have a quarter. That is fare evasion, but as far as I have seen, those people still get to ride without further consequences.

You didn’t commit fare evasion, because you didn’t intend to avoid paying, and on top of that you didn’t need to pay at all because you had a valid pass.

On 6/20/2019 at 8:33 PM, chicagocubs6323 said:

Sorry if it came out as "rude" but he has always been judging roster tracking lol.  Let me quote what he said again:

yeah

Which the rest of us took quite correctly as "this is how the changes should look based on my and other's observations." So yeah. You were in fact being rude on top of not reading closely enough.

Now as for the question from a few as to what FG gets in return, the answer is quite likely nothing. With school being out for the summer, FG doesn't need as many buses on hand for the summer as many of the routes there have school day only trips on their schedules. 

4 hours ago, Pace831 said:

The cash bus fare was $2.25 in 2009. If you only put $2 in, the bus driver likely would have asked for the additional 25 cents. However, the part where you said you expected change makes it sound like you put in at least $3. Overpaying in that manner sometimes happens when the passenger doesn’t have any quarters, so the driver wouldn’t have thought that to be unusual. If you had put in $4 or more, the bus driver would likely have been confused, but wouldn’t necessarily have said anything because they cannot remove money from the fare box.

Even if you did only pay $2, they’re not going to come after you. Another somewhat common scenario is that the passenger puts $2 in and then claims not to have a quarter. That is fare evasion, but as far as I have seen, those people still get to ride without further consequences.

You didn’t commit fare evasion, because you didn’t intend to avoid paying, and on top of that you didn’t need to pay at all because you had a valid pass.

I appreciate the reply, some of the concerns came after reading others stories where those individuals were implying a very strict system where someone swiped their card and was locked out then jumped a barricade or accidentally had gone in through the gate piggybacking off someone elses pass. One of the stories claims that police were called and the person offered to pay their fare and were told it was too late and were being arrested and charged. Of course it's impossible to say how credible these stories are, these could be people who either have multiple offenses or were involved in other crimes.

You are right, aside from the different circumstances, it is impossible for me to remember what happened 10 years ago, I have to remember the driver allowed me on the bus and that I recall putting funds in the slot so I should not worry about something that likely was never an issue to begin with.

1 hour ago, ctowntravel said:

I appreciate the reply, some of the concerns came after reading others stories where those individuals were implying a very strict system where someone swiped their card and was locked out then jumped a barricade or accidentally had gone in through the gate piggybacking off someone elses pass. One of the stories claims that police were called and the person offered to pay their fare and were told it was too late and were being arrested and charged. Of course it's impossible to say how credible these stories are, these could be people who either have multiple offenses or were involved in other crimes.

You are right, aside from the different circumstances, it is impossible for me to remember what happened 10 years ago, I have to remember the driver allowed me on the bus and that I recall putting funds in the slot so I should not worry about something that likely was never an issue to begin with.

Those stories sound like they were probably from shortly after Ventra Cards were released, which caused both riders and employees a great deal of confusion. Generally speaking, CTA fare collection is not “a very strict system” in the way they described.

57 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Does anybody know how I can track a bus with the run number or get a 2019 summer pick garages with each routes and their route runs 

A) Know someone

B) Guesstimate. Chicagobus.org will have what you need, but I'm not certain if those run numbers are accurate anymore. No way to track the run # of a bus or train, however, unless you're doing so in person. It's easy to tell if a route moves (i.e. they generally don't), but getting run #'s is pretty much an in-person task

19 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

A) Know someone

B) Guesstimate. Chicagobus.org will have what you need, but I'm not certain if those run numbers are accurate anymore. No way to track the run # of a bus or train, however, unless you're doing so in person. It's easy to tell if a route moves (i.e. they generally don't), but getting run #'s is pretty much an in-person task

Do you know anybody 

53 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Is 1088 back in service?

That's an interesting question cause for the longest I've been wondering about that particular bus myself. I never see it on the street or on tracker. Perhaps its still in the back or at 77th St South Shop.