More Bus Moves

sw4400

If you're inspecting the bus trackers today {including right now}, you should glimpse select east-west routes on Chicago's north side operating buses - including 60-footers - that they usually do not operate. (No photo here, but I got a Kedzie Garage 60-footer running #77 Belmont EB to Halsted (@ Cicero). I'd bet #74 Fullerton and #72 North got some 60-footers also.)

17 minutes ago, pudgym29 said:

If you're inspecting the bus trackers today {including right now}, you should glimpse select east-west routes on Chicago's north side operating buses - including 60-footers - that they usually do not operate. (No photo here, but I got a Kedzie Garage 60-footer running #77 Belmont EB to Halsted (@ Cicero). I'd bet #74 Fullerton and #72 North got some 60-footers also.)

The buses are for the Pride Parade (which was just called off due to the weather).

3 hours ago, pudgym29 said:

Not sure how related or relevant this is, but I saw an artic from Kedzie operating the 62 Archer on two separate occasions last week. I have photos but they aren't handy right now. I'll send them at some point.

16 hours ago, sht6131 said:

I am OK with that but I am not fully convinced until one of those drivers comes forward and said that he or she actually trained on 8342. Like you mentioned  its about time we heard something. Anyway if it does happen I think that since C will be getting the electrics the Nova`s will come from C around the fall pick.

I dont like to keep bringing this up cause I dont like to sound like I'm bragging or boasting but I'm a bus operator and I actually know operators from kedzie who told me themselves their being trained on Novas. 8342 is literally there. And they have over 300 operators and only 1 bus so it's going to take time before you even see that bus in regular service because Kedzie, just like 103rd have to make sure all operators have been trained on the nova before they put that bus in service over there. You probably won't even see that bus in training on the road neither cause they only showed us how the Nova works while in the garage we never took the buses out on the road and at the time 103rd had 7903 and 04. I already had experience driving them cause I did 2yrs at 74th and even over there I got my 1st driving experience literally while in service on the 94 California bus. So basically it takes a while to show 300 plus operators the bus cause of different schedules and off days ???.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I doubt that because if CTA wanted to retire it then it would already be in the boneyard like #1305 stripped for parts.

Buses that are involved in accidents are often kept for many years before being got rid of. I remember seeing several damaged RTSs and Flxible buses in the back building at 77th many years after their accidents. Some times this is because of legal issues, some times it is just that they have not reached their federally mandated lifetime.

16 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

Buses that are involved in accidents are often kept for many years before being got rid of. I remember seeing several damaged RTSs and Flxible buses in the back building at 77th many years after their accidents. Some times this is because of legal issues, some times it is just that they have not reached their federally mandated lifetime.

Aw ok bet i seen some flex still in the bone yard when I was out that way week for last