More Bus Moves

sw4400

3 hours ago, WCR said:

@NewFlyerMCI @Mr.cta85 I found them...

I managed to catch the accountant for Speedy Gonzales Landscaping and he said the owners were planning to sell them for scrap. Maybe I'll try and speak to the owners themselves at some point.

DSC_0991.JPG

DSC_0973.JPG

DSC_0993.JPG

I wouldn't mind speaking to them as well, are they in running condition is my biggest concern.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Ok listen up everyone this is a “More Bus Moves” Topic put all that stuff ^^^ up there into “Random CTA” Topic @MetroShadow would you mind doing that 

The Random CTA topic was inexplicably deleted a few weeks ago, so this topic is probably best for “random” observations for the reason given by @YoungBusLover.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

That's what I wanna know, they have a number as well I just found on Google it's 773 734 7780.

That's good to know, I know for a fact that both will need a cold start if the engines hasn't seized up with oil and grease by now but also a new set of tires. xD

On 7/15/2019 at 5:41 PM, Mr.cta85 said:

Its 2 old 6000 series flix buses parked right next to each other between 106th and 108th and Torrence both parked behind a gate along with a couple of school buses as well. I wish It was somebody I could talk to about those buses. If I have the money for it I would love to take 1 of those buses for myself lol. I've always wanted to drive those buses but time I started in 2012 they were already 2yrs retired from service. From the outside they look decent still they're stripped of their cta paint and I have no idea the shape their in. If any of you know that location you should check them out 1 day.

Wow! Cool! I will have to check that out!  Thanks for the info! 

On 7/17/2019 at 10:32 PM, YoungBusLover said:

I wouldn't mind speaking to them as well, are they in running condition is my biggest concern.

It just hit me! Looking at the run box  "FIRE"  I seem to recall a few years ago two Flxibles that sat at a city lot where our spare firetrucks were kept. These two buses were going to be used as additional fire academy buses but they never saw service with us. 

56 minutes ago, CTA5750 said:

It just hit me! Looking at the run box  "FIRE"  I seem to recall a few years ago two Flxibles that sat at a city lot where our spare firetrucks were kept. These two buses were going to be used as additional fire academy buses but they never saw service with us. 

Yeah that was weird to see them disappear like that but maybe funding was the reason perhaps for them getting rejected or something further along those lines. 

40 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

1796-1799 aren’t in service anyone know where they been at

35 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah that was weird to see them disappear like that but maybe funding was the reason perhaps for them getting rejected or something further along those lines. 

1796 through 1799 moved to Chicago Garage not too long ago. 1797 was on the 70 this morning, 1798 was on the 157 earlier, and 1799 got to be on 65 for the morning rush hour. 1796 either does not connect to the tracker or is MIA, but it is at Chicago Garage.

19 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

1796 through 1799 moved to Chicago Garage not too long ago. 1797 was on the 70 this morning, 1798 was on the 157 earlier, and 1799 got to be on 65 for the morning rush hour. 1796 either does not connect to the tracker or is MIA, but it is at Chicago Garage.

Yea I know they are at C but haven’t seen them on tracker in a while