More Bus Moves

sw4400

14 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Aw ok bet i seen some flex still in the bone yard when I was out that way week for last 

At last report about a dozen. Some there 15 plus years. Metra got rid of the cars from the first 47th RI derailment in 1980's in 2008. Close to 20 years. Railroads can be just as bad. BNSF has some old GE's written off in 1980's still sitting around.

7 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

At last report about a dozen. Some there 15 plus years. Metra got rid of the cars from the first 47th RI derailment in 1980's in 2008. Close to 20 years. Railroads can be just as bad. BNSF has some old GE's written off in 1980's still sitting around.

Dam held on to em for a long ass time 

22 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Was out by 77 about a hour ago and seen the CPD bus pulled up & took a pic do anybody know what number it was when in service this is a 53-57 series 

IMG_20190705_023201250.jpg

Not sure the exact number, but it's a 5300-Series(non-Cummins L10) bus. Could be any number from 5300-5744 and 5766-5769

On 7/5/2019 at 3:45 AM, sw4400 said:

Not sure the exact number, but it's a 5300-Series(non-Cummins L10) bus. Could be any number from 5300-5744 and 5766-5769

I believe that the CPD has two ex-CTA Flxibles: One is a B. the other, an E. The one in the image looks like it has a straight back like the Flexible E from the 6000 series. Was the CPD fleet # 6999?

On 6/22/2019 at 7:44 PM, chicagocubs6323 said:

And I said "sorry if it came out as "rude". Now I'm offended cause you didn't read that close enough ?

Actually I read. Just ignored it pretty much because it was politico style double speak.?

On 7/5/2019 at 3:45 AM, sw4400 said:

Also that can be further narrowed down by whether it had a rear exhaust pipe at the top. 5765-5769 (5765 was also non-Cummins) didn't have the typical external exhaust pipe if memory serves correctly. So if the exhaust pipe is missing, it's one of those. If it does, then it can't be either of those five.

10 hours ago, wordguy said:

I believe that the CPD has two ex-CTA Flxibles: One is a B. the other, an E. The one in the image looks like it has a straight back like the Flexible E from the 6000 series. Was the CPD fleet # 6999?

If you blow the picture up, you can see the slight slant of the rear of the bus a bit more clearly. You can also see that the rear route identifier display juts out some from the rear surface panels, further indicating that this is the police bus that used to be a former CTA Metro B. And yeah it's likely that the bus was at SS for some type of maintenance work. I remember @CTA5750 mentioning that it's a similar situation for the former 5800 series New Flyer that's now a Chicago Fire Department bus that they keep at the station house located on California at Fillmore on the west side (the last updated location I remember him giving for the bus). The bus may now be CFD property but CTA still helps out with refueling and maintenance. 

5 hours ago, jajuan said:

Actually I read. Just ignored it pretty much because it was politico style double speak.?

Also that can be further narrowed down by whether it had a rear exhaust pipe at the top. 5765-5769 (5765 was also non-Cummins) didn't have the typical external exhaust pipe if memory serves correctly. So if the exhaust pipe is missing, it's one of those. If it does, then it can't be either of those five.

If you blow the picture up, you can see the slight slant of the rear of the bus a bit more clearly. You can also see that the rear route identifier display juts out some from the rear surface panels, further indicating that this is the police bus that used to be a former CTA Metro B. And yeah it's likely that the bus was at SS for some type of maintenance work. I remember @CTA5750 mentioning that it's a similar situation for the former 5800 series New Flyer that's now a Chicago Fire Department bus that they keep at the station house located on California at Fillmore on the west side (the last updated location I remember him giving for the bus). The bus may now be CFD property but CTA still helps out with refueling and maintenance. 

The 5300-Series Flxibles had a tailpipe in the rear left, though a bit different than the 6000-Series Flxible. I'll put up comparison photos from chicagobus.org

image.thumb.png.fec4ea7b9d3ded342bca3a24f87e0f11.png

image.thumb.png.8fa6396bbeed6a84ed202494668db54e.png

The only noticeable difference in the two tailpipes that I can see is the cover on the 6000-Series Flxibles(the 5300-Series didn't have that cover).

On 7/6/2019 at 5:55 PM, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

I said outside of shops like not at that location 

Oh idk where you can find this one at outside of the SS but the fire department bus 6163 you can catch it at C when you come in through the front & they have the door open u can see it all the way in the back across the wall

4 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Oh idk where you can find this one at outside of the SS but the fire department bus 6163 you can catch it at C when you come in through the front & they have the door open u can see it all the way in the back across the wall

Idk how you do it but you somehow manage to get in there with out anyone telling you nothing I went in off of Pulaski one time and it said “No trespassing”

1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Idk how you do it but you somehow manage to get in there with out anyone telling you nothing I went in off of Pulaski one time and it said “No trespassing”

Lol I drive through there everytime I come one during rush hour which is everyday & I didn't go all the way way in the back of 77 just far enough to get the pic which is no big deal lol