More Bus Moves

sw4400

27 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

4198 is or was at Chicago when I went through about an hour ago it was sitting next to I believe 1949 in the front of the garage probably there from training someone cuz C already had the artics but the system took them away for some reason

Might just be training new hires since that's Chicago's second function. They lost them cause 66 couldn't use them efficiently

51 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Might just be training new hires since that's Chicago's second function. They lost them cause 66 couldn't use them efficiently

Aw dam & that's what I was thinking for training purposes & CTA can't use no bus efficiently they slow lol low key 

On 5/11/2019 at 8:15 PM, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Does anyone know a good radio to buy on amazon for CTA channels my price range is 30$-60$

Your best bet is to try facebook marketplace or ebay for a used motorola radio or scanner

I believe Motorola is what they use ? since its a local company (schaumburg) ??

6 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

So I rode the 26 south shore express from NWM hospital to 103rd/Stony Island in the PM does it deadhead back to downtown because mine went back with sign saying “Not in service” 

Depends on when you rode, but most likely. I know the change in terminal from 106th/Mackinaw to 103rd/Stony was because buses on the 26 ending their runs went that way anyway, so if it didn't go out of service, it most likely went downtown. Or maybe on a school run for some other route.

7 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Depends on when you rode, but most likely. I know the change in terminal from 106th/Mackinaw to 103rd/Stony was because buses on the 26 ending their runs went that way anyway, so if it didn't go out of service, it most likely went downtown. Or maybe on a school run for some other route.

Well it definitely went back to downtown because I checked it 2hrs later and it said 26 South Shore and the bus was 4115 on tracker 

1 hour ago, sht6131 said:

4037 operating on 72. If this is a loan, why an artic?

My guess is it's probably going to or starting from the 125 or some other artic route. Chicago doesn't hold artics, but the 72 does go near the Chicago garage (Pulaski & Chicago) and some 72 trips start/end at North/Pulaski. FWIW, its not there anymore.

3 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

My guess is it's probably going to or starting from the 125 or some other artic route. Chicago doesn't hold artics, but the 72 does go near the Chicago garage (Pulaski & Chicago) and some 72 trips start/end at North/Pulaski. FWIW, its not there anymore.

It would have to be a kedzie run on 72 for what you're saying to have any weight. It's just a loan

3 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Also has anybody seen 1186 1805 and 1821 and 4119 in service lately I know 4119 should be out of SS it’s not on the SS roster 

1805 sitting along SS backed up to the gate on 79 with a tarp over the front end last time I seen  1186 & 1821 most likely gone be retired cuz they came in service in like 06-08 so CTA might just know em off early but 1805 is definitely a goner & I didn't know 4119 was oos

Edited by Shannon CVPI

41 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

1805 sitting along SS backed up to the gate on 79 with a tarp over the front end last time I seen  1186 & 1821 most likely gone be retired cuz they came in service in like 06-08 so CTA might just know em off early but 1805 is definitely a goner & I didn't know 4119 was oos

What happened to 1186?

I might head down there and see today because I mentioned last month about 3 buses in particular that were sitting in the boneyard and I couldn't make out there numbers other than #1305 Perhaps  #1186, #1228 and possibly #1821 may be retired as well because after going through my photo logs I did notice an 8 after looking at it closely, the number is hard to make out but it does resemble some damage that  #1228 received that night.

DSCN0619.JPG

32 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I might head down there and see today because I mentioned last month about 3 buses in particular that were sitting in the boneyard and I couldn't make out there numbers other than #1305 Perhaps  #1186, #1228 and possibly #1821 may be retired as well because after going through my photo logs I did notice an 8 after looking at it closely, the number is hard to make out but it does resemble some damage that  #1228 received that night.

DSCN0619.JPG

That flyer isn’t 1228 because 1228 had his whole bumper messed up and the white front plate with the accessible and CTA logo