More Bus Moves

sw4400

3 minutes ago, wordguy said:

Just happened to notice one reassignment, probably very recent:

8224 from Chicago Ave. to 74th Street. It's operating on Ashland as I type.

Well........ I wouldn't constitute one bus as a reassignment. Might just be a repair shop assignment, as they sometimes grab whatever is available down there temporarily. We'll have to see in the coming days if there's more moves.

1 hour ago, sw4400 said:

Well........ I wouldn't constitute one bus as a reassignment. Might just be a repair shop assignment, as they sometimes grab whatever is available down there temporarily. We'll have to see in the coming days if there's more moves.

Maybe, but I sort of doubt that it's just a temporary fill-in. It's numerically consistent. 

Pre-move: 74th: 8212-8223, C: 8224-8235

Post-move: 74th: 8212-8224, C: 8225-8235.

1 hour ago, sw4400 said:

So there might have been some minor tweaks over the weekend with Chicago, 74th and 77th. Chicago giving 74th 8224 and 74th giving 1366 and 1367 to 77th. Seems a bit lopsided, perhaps 8223 moved also(but it's not showing on tracker at time of this post).

8224 March 25, 2019.png

1366 March 25, 2019.png

1367 March 25, 2019.png

I’m pretty sure 1366 and 67 belonged to 77th the whole time they were just at 74th for a while just like 1388-1389 haven’t been at FG in 2 years and they came last year with “F” Stickers still on them and they got new stickers “F”

1 hour ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

I’m pretty sure 1366 and 67 belonged to 77th the whole time they were just at 74th for a while just like 1388-1389 haven’t been at FG in 2 years and they came last year with “F” Stickers still on them and they got new stickers “F”

1366 & 1367 have had a nomadic existence! I have them delivered to C then to P in 2/09, K in 2/10, 74th in 6/15, 77th in 5/16, C in 7/17, 74th in 4/18 and finally 77th in 12/18.

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Why is the 128 run out of 103rd as opposed to Kedzie? Is more converted J14 runs like the 192 is?

128 is the Soldier Field Express.  I guess it depends on the event.  Maybe this was a small enough event to be handled by 40 ft buses.  I'm sure during Bears game days K is providing artics for those.

12 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

128 is the Soldier Field Express.  I guess it depends on the event.  Maybe this was a small enough event to be handled by 40 ft buses.  I'm sure during Bears game days K is providing artics for those.

There was an event today? I was looking at the routes based out of each garage (notably, the 170 is still up as a route) and happened to see the 128 assigned to 103rd and wondered why so far when there were closer artics or shoeboxes in general.

In the big cutbacks in 95, 7 was supposed to go away entirely, with  126 via Harrison all hours. But 7 stayed on weekday daytime Central to Racine. Next pick 7 got extended back downtown and 126 sent back to Van Buren and Jackson weekday daytime. As 7 had later eve service added,  126 only a couple of late trips remain weekday evenings. 

13 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Drove through Chicago garage tonight & they got they buses ready for the morning rush a 12:15 am

That reminds me of Schreiber Ave. in the 1950s, next to the Devon Carhouse, when all the streetcars lined up & completely blocked the street before both rush hours.