Red-Purple Bypass Project

BusHunter

7 hours ago, renardo870 said:

This is just making the operators aware of upcoming changes for the Brown and Purple lines. The public will be updated when the date of the changes are finalized.

Also it might signal the work being performed on track 4 in the clark junction area as track 4 is now vacated.

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

The Purple Line isn’t moving a track at all, it’s staying on Track 2 (or is 3?) where it’s been since flyover construction started

Actually it's track 4 NB until Wellington, then at Barry switches to track 3 ( Red Line track) to stop at Belmont.  From there Purpleune trains will stay on track 3 until Montrose where both NB Red and Purple Line trains switch to operate on track 2 from Wilson through Bryn Mawr. The reason for staying on track 3 north of Belmont is to simplify switching.  It's easier to do 4,3,2 rather than 4,3,4,3,2.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Actually it's track 4 NB until Wellington, then at Barry switches to track 3 ( Red Line track) to stop at Belmont.  From there Purpleune trains will stay on track 3 until Montrose where both NB Red and Purple Line trains switch to operate on track 2 from Wilson through Bryn Mawr. The reason for staying on track 3 north of Belmont is to simplify switching.  It's easier to do 4,3,2 rather than 4,3,4,3,2.

2 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Red-purple bypass has officially opened for service, brown line trains are using the brand new ramp as of today! How exciting is that.?

Ok but if the two WEST TRACKS (the southbounds) are shutting down supposedly where do they get rerouted to? Unless the meant the EAST. I know you guys are right and last I checked they were working on tracks on the eastern side first. 

12 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Typo? Why would purple move a track further west if they plan on shutting the 2 west tracks down? What do the southbound s do?

I don't understand it either, unless they mean the westernmost ReSB Purple line track AND the SB Brown Line track.   Neither should have anything to do with NB Purple service 

If they were actually going to shut down the Red and Purple west tracks, then the NV trains would have to operate on track 4 so SB trains would operate in track 3.  But we know SB Rwds are unaffected which leads me to believe that they could mean the SB Brown and SB Purple tracks. So it's possible that SB Browns leaving Southport will switch to the former BB Brown Line into Clark Junction,  then after initially entering in track 2, switch to track 1 just before Belmont 

8 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I don't understand it either, unless they mean the westernmost ReSB Purple line track AND the SB Brown Line track.   Neither should have anything to do with NB Purple service 

If they were actually going to shut down the Red and Purple west tracks, then the NV trains would have to operate on track 4 so SB trains would operate in track 3.  But we know SB Rwds are unaffected which leads me to believe that they could mean the SB Brown and SB Purple tracks. So it's possible that SB Browns leaving Southport will switch to the former BB Brown Line into Clark Junction,  then after initially entering in track 2, switch to track 1 just before Belmont 

Hmm maybe. But then I did forget about the temporary 5th track and structure being used. Did they manage to get that up already and that’s what they’re referring to? 

3 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Ok but if the two WEST TRACKS (the southbounds) are shutting down supposedly where do they get rerouted to? Unless the meant the EAST. I know you guys are right and last I checked they were working on tracks on the eastern side first. 

3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

This would be a lot simpler if the track configuration wasn't an annoying. I'm seeing 1 - 4 - 3 - 2 (from west to east) on a diagram but then also seeing 1 & 4 are the outer tracks and 2 & 3 are the inner tracks