More Bus Moves

sw4400

Lately I've been seeing the new D60LFRs on the 8. They caught me off guard since I'm used to the Novas and D40LFs. Is this noteworthy?

Not as noteworthy as you thought. Since the completion of the Red Line Dan Ryan Branch rehab, 77th has been running a few artics on the #8 (at least on weekdays).

Lately I've been seeing the new D60LFRs on the 8. They caught me off guard since I'm used to the Novas and D40LFs. Is this noteworthy?

They have been running about 20% D60LFR on the 8 since the Red Line opened. It looks like they are running the artics on the full route instead of the additional 40' buses in the rush hour from Roosevelt northwards, however the artics remain on the route between the peaks as well.

I just sighted #1428 doing the #29 State on Bus Tracker

I just sighted #1428 doing the #29 State on Bus Tracker

Yea I see it too I wonder is that bus from 74th cause I know during the red line construction 74th also had buses on the 29 along with 103rd if course. Either was it sounds like a loaner cause neither garage have that particular bus.

Yea I see it too I wonder is that bus from 74th cause I know during the red line construction 74th also had buses on the 29 along with 103rd if course. Either was it sounds like a loaner cause neither garage have that particular bus.

1428 is a NP bus, I think. 1728 is a bus from 74th and that was used on R69 during Redline shut down.

1428 is a NP bus, I think. 1728 is a bus from 74th and that was used on R69 during Redline shut down.

Yes unless a few buses from NP went south, 1428 should still be from NP. It should be among that block of NF buses 1375-1429 out of the different groups of 1000 series buses assigned to NP.

This recent set of artic moves might mean that 4395-4399 might be officially added to the roster at 77th starting this Sunday (tomorrow). Those five buses have been on hold since the reopening of the Dan Ryan branch of the Red Line with the anticipation that they would be assigned to the Chicago Avenue Garage. Plus, Kedzie Garage really does not have much if anything in terms of artic-worthy routes.

I think I seen 4052 as a short turn 151 trip. Also I seen 4076 on the 6 so NP lost 4074-4077 for sure. I tried looking for 4170 to see if its really at 103rd but don't see it on either 103rd or NP routes. With regards to #1271, it was on route 28 Stony Island. I remember someone asking about that bus. Are there any reasons for these moves? Cause the picks are still a ways off

I think I seen 4052 as a short turn 151 trip. Also I seen 4076 on the 6 so NP lost 4074-4077 for sure. I tried looking for 4170 to see if its really at 103rd but don't see it on either 103rd or NP routes. With regards to #1271, it was on route 28 Stony Island. I remember someone asking about that bus. Are there any reasons for these moves? Cause the picks are still a ways off

Looks like there's still a bit a shuffling going on to the artic assignments evened out among the current artic garages. We know this started the weekend that the Dan Ryan leg of the Red Line reopened. Perhaps they're still smoothing out the balance between artics and 40 foot buses at those garages.

Apparently only a week (at least if the Pace changes are any indication).

But winter pick with CTA tends to begin mid-December at the earliest.

Looks like there's still a bit a shuffling going on to the artic assignments evened out among the current artic garages. We know this started the weekend that the Dan Ryan leg of the Red Line reopened. Perhaps they're still smoothing out the balance between artics and 40 foot buses at those garages.

But winter pick with CTA tends to begin mid-December at the earliest.

Could be it, I notice K and 103rd now hold about 65 each now. (resulting in the 26 keeping artic runs without pulling from the 6 now) I'm skeptical about 4395-4399 being at Chicago though, wouldn't make sense to have just 5 artics there to supplement #66 when K still handles rush trips and having extras that it can throw there. (was done back before K started picking up extra artics, why not now?) But why are they off of the radar for so long after those one or two runs on King Drive?

Could be it, I notice K and 103rd now hold about 65 each now. (resulting in the 26 keeping artic runs without pulling from the 6 now) I'm skeptical about 4395-4399 being at Chicago though, wouldn't make sense to have just 5 artics there to supplement #66 when K still handles rush trips and having extras that it can throw there. (was done back before K started picking up extra artics, why not now?) But why are they off of the radar for so long after those one or two runs on King Drive?

Speaking of the 26, apparently the artic assignments are done in a way to have artics during the busier times of that route's hours of operation since I still see more 40 footers than I do artics on the 26.

It appears 1464 is at 103rd along with 4076&77 I saw it before I pulled out to start my route this morning on the J14. Not sure how many more 40fters we got from NP but definitely 1464. 1428 I saw a few days ago at the garage as well but not sure if it's still there or not.

1464 would be a former Chicago bus if you guys have down at 103rd on a more permanent basis than a loan. Ever since the odd-even split ended among the buses numbered 1430 to about 1855, the highest 1400 NF at NP has been 1429. 1464 for a good amount of the time after that has been a Chicago bus.

• 2 weeks later...