7000-series - Delivery & Updates

railfan4072

30 minutes ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

7000s are now running on test tracks!  I also heard the door chimes from a distance.  The door chimes will be the same as the 5000s.

Let me be the first to congratulate and thank you for that great video. History in the making, right here on the Chicago Transit Forum! Great job!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Tell me these 2 cars dont favor lol

20191214_223112.jpg

I thought the exact same thing, @Mr.cta85. The 2200's were my all-time favorite railcar from the time I first rode them as a 5 year old. Can't tell you how many times my dad would wait for train after train because I wanted to ride a "new car." Years and years later when I'd make a trip back home I would always sit in a 2200 car on the Blue Line. If the train didn't have them I'd wait for the next one. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• Kevin featured this topic
3 hours ago, ibebobo said:

Why are there only white and red destination lights (if that's what they are called)?

The white marker lights are capable of displaying all the other colors used by the CTA (white, green, amber). I'm guessing this is for a more organized look. For example, on a Cottage Grove green line train, green and white lights are used. On current cars, white is closest to the destination sign, with green being second closest. On a 7000 both colors would be displayed in the same place opposite each other.

Photo credit: David Wilson

Screenshot_20191215-164512_Flickr.jpg

On 12/15/2019 at 4:48 PM, WCR said:

The white marker lights are capable of displaying all the other colors used by the CTA (white, green, amber). I'm guessing this is for a more organized look. For example, on a Cottage Grove green line train, green and white lights are used. On current cars, white is closest to the destination sign, with green being second closest. On a 7000 both colors would be displayed in the same place opposite each other.

Photo credit: David Wilson

Screenshot_20191215-164512_Flickr.jpg

I was on a Skokie run from Howard a couple of weeks ago, in the evening & it had two green classification lights.  I thought that meant an extra run.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 11:34 AM, WCR said:

Testing has begun! Here's car 7006 with (presumably) its mate 7005 on the test tracks outside CRRC in Hegewisch. Sorry about the quality, wanted to get it posted here asap.

20191212_113143.jpg

I totally missed this. Good catch looks like you guys scooped everyone!! We'll see how long the blue ends last. Probably not long, but what would be unique is to color them for each line they will run on. Then there is no question what line they serve

26 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I totally missed this. Good catch looks like you guys scooped everyone!! We'll see how long the blue ends last. Probably not long, but what would be unique is to color them for each line they will run on. Then there is no question what line they serve

the blue ends are part of the train car that’s not paint

38 minutes ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

Yes please! Then we can properly film them.

lmao i meant to say CTA tracks by spring i said “car” and yea i hope they come on the tracks by spring and also while reading thru this i have a reason to believe if cta is thinking about replacing the 3200’s (after recent rehab) why tho? after they just got a whole rehab was that temporary or something?