More Bus Moves

sw4400

20 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

8011 was the first of the buses that were fitted with the monitors inside, As these are being trialed on the 20 it moved to C around 12/23/2018 (first day out was 12/24).

If C has 100 81xxs  why not fit one of those?  Why bring a bus from another garage to fit it and not send it back to that garage?

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

If C has 100 81xxs  why not fit one of those?  Why bring a bus from another garage to fit it and not send it back to that garage?

It was fitted with the monitors in October. It did run with the monitors in it from 77th on the 8A during the morning rush 30th November.

I guess they decided to trial the buses on the 20 after 8011 was fitted. There are more than one of them so the rest must be from C allocation.

18 hours ago, RJL6000 said:

That's not a loan, Three buses - 1836, 1837 and 1838, were (officially) transferred from Chicago to Kedzie the weekend of December 14-15, 2018.

Oh ok I thought it was cuz I seen it on Chicago Ave around the first of the year so I thought it might have been a loan I see kedize slow on changing the stickers it's still sporting C after all this time lol 

29 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I found this to be quite odd today since there isn't any high volume of people out today. Could #1838 be a loaner to 74th since Chicago has #8011? 

Screenshot_20190131-150644.png

I think 1838 is a K bus and might be a school tripper.  With the lack of volume of people or lack of equippme6uesterday, a 40ft bus was substituted in place of an artic.  Even if CPS canceled classes yesterday, CTA may not have had advanced enough warning to cancel the tripperrs.

15 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I think 1838 is a K bus and might be a school tripper.  With the lack of volume of people or lack of equippme6uesterday, a 40ft bus was substituted in place of an artic.  Even if CPS canceled classes yesterday, CTA may not have had advanced enough warning to cancel the tripperrs.

It is. From Maths22

image.png

Edited by garmon757
Duplicates

8 minutes ago, Aiden Tabucic said:

1964 and 1995 on the 91 Austin prob one day loaner or sent from C To FG

According to Maths tracker, yep you're right! This is rare once again. I think it's either a loaner or will be permanent while CTA is aiming for the new Nova 8325's to be in service.

On 1/25/2019 at 2:35 AM, YoungBusLover said:

Why would it be there for training when Chicago has 100 8100's there at its disposal? 

It be buses from all the garages there when they have a training session I was there filming a YouTube video over the summer and noticed buses lined up and a worker told be they was about to start so I had to finish filming on the side of the garage

31 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

https://www.transitchicago.com/an-array-of-new-amenities-is-inbound-for-cta-rail-customers/

New amenities for CTA rail riders, mostly along the Red Line

Go to 5 Below & you can buy a charging pack for $5 & keep it forever, with no added costs other than the electricity to recharge it.  I'm sure other stores have them cheap.

2 minutes ago, strictures said:

Go to 5 Below & you can buy a charging pack for $5 & keep it forever, with no added costs other than the electricity to recharge it.  I'm sure other stores have them cheap.

Strange feeling that some people won't think that far ahead and that's what they're counting on. If it works for airports and amtrak, it'll probably work for CTA, especially since places to charge your phone on the platform get sparse the farther away from the loop you get.