More Bus Moves

sw4400

1 hour ago, XE NewFlyer said:

There are only 4 artics in service today all from kedzie. does anyone know why this is. i would imagine alot of the buses are packed. 

Is the snow affecting the artics that bad? No 4300s were running and the last 4000s just finished a run on the 12, since its not popping up anymore. Every route that runs artics has shoeboxes on right now

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Is the snow affecting the artics that bad? No 4300s were running and the last 4000s just finished a run on the 12, since its not popping up anymore. Every route that runs artics has shoeboxes on right now

It's also Saturday.   Not necessary to risk artics getting stuck or jackknifed at least until the snow ha stopped and the City has cleared the streets.

19 minutes ago, ajm522 said:

My question is who decides the Blue Line frequency span on weekends. On non work weekends, I feel like some weekends they send short turn UIC trains. But like this weekend they just do Forest Park runs. It’s quiet annoying. 

During certain times there are short turns on the weekends. 

11 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

During certain times there are short turns on the weekends. 

Yes, but I feel like certain times. This weekend included, they decide not to run the short turns. Thus you can be waiting at Jackson for 20-30 minutes before another train comes. 

Thank you for the replies, but there was no work this weekend and they were still running a temporary schedule. Maybe it was the cold, but I wish that CTA would alert people when they are not planning short turn trains, especially in this cold. You look at Timetable and it shows short turn trains but yet they never show up.

1 hour ago, Shannon CVPI said:

It might have just been there for training I live by Chicago garage and when I drive through there to avoid the speed cameras sometimes I see buses from all garages there on there training lot 

Why would it be there for training when Chicago has 100 8100's there at its disposal? 

6 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

I saw 1836 on the Homan route today with the C sticker in the window at division I see Chicago loaned it to kedzie 

That's not a loan, Three buses - 1836, 1837 and 1838, were (officially) transferred from Chicago to Kedzie the weekend of December 14-15, 2018.