More Bus Moves

sw4400

14 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

103rd Owl cars pull in and pull out. Go out about 9-10 pm, back in by 7 or so. No reason why a bus can't go out on a pm or tripper train and not be back in by 8pm for use on an owl.

So will the Novas only be used for night cars or regular runs also?

Anyone have any insight as to why the 52 and 28 are consistently getting artics now? I thought it was for school trips, but the 52 doesn't have them and the 28 doesn't seem to use them for it. They usually show up during morning rush, midday and Saturday (and evening rush for the 52). Usually about 3 or so 4000s at a time.

5 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Anyone have any insight as to why the 52 and 28 are consistently getting artics now? I thought it was for school trips, but the 52 doesn't have them and the 28 doesn't seem to use them for it. They usually show up during morning rush, midday and Saturday (and evening rush for the 52). Usually about 3 or so 4000s at a time.

K and 103 routes, and since there are 100 extra, running them someplace.

5 hours ago, strictures said:

If there are extra artics, then send a few more to North Park, as they've been running 40 footers on the 151 this week & use them for the afternoon rush on the westbound 155, which is usually jammed.

The 151 has more than enough buses that the odd shoebox or so isn't going to be particularly detrimental to service. As for the 155, will artics be able to clear the UP-N tracks? I seem to remember this being a problem with the 145 & 148

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

The 151 has more than enough buses that the odd shoebox or so isn't going to be particularly detrimental to service. As for the 155, will artics be able to clear the UP-N tracks? I seem to remember this being a problem with the 145 & 148

City of Chicago Viaduct list says 12'10", while a hybrid bus needs 11'1". Of course, no issue concerning a diesel one.

6 hours ago, Busjack said:

City of Chicago Viaduct list says 12'10", while a hybrid bus needs 11'1". Of course, no issue concerning a diesel one.

I don't know what I  did with the viaduct listings  but most UPN viaducts on major streets are around 12'  and up.  Other streets are as low as 11' 6",  In most cases, city viaducts generally have an extra 3 inches of clearance unless the marking says "exactly."  While Lawrence UPN is around 12 ft 10 in, I think Wilson was 11ft? 

On 10/8/2018 at 4:06 PM, Mr.cta85 said:

I heard it's for night car operators. But I have a hunch we'll be getting the remainder novas too only reason I say that is because after the red line terminal is finished im sure cta is gonna want new buses at the new terminal lol at least initially they will lol.

Will be very interesting to see an Nova on the N5, but I would like to see one on the 28 even though that route doesn't run Owl service anymore since 20 years.

1 hour ago, qwantae said:

Will be very interesting to see an Nova on the N5, but I would like to see one on the 28 even though that route doesn't run Owl service anymore since 20 years.

I agree as well. But they'll be used more than just night this is just a starting point lol. As for me I'm going to ask to drive 1 if I see some in the garage because I have a schedule where I pull out and pull in on the 28 so for that reason alone I'm going to ask for 1 and should be able to get 1.

On 10/11/2018 at 9:12 PM, NewFlyerMCI said:

Multiple artics from 136, 147 & 151 go west on Devon everyday when their afternoon runs end.  They all pass under the viaduct at Ravenswood ave. without a problem, even the early 4300s with the fairings on the roof.

The only really low viaducts on the UPN are at the side streets near Belmont, such as Melrose & Wellington & no bus of any kind goes there.

• Upvote 2

Bus #8186 on the #53 Pulaski kept turning off at the 31st Terminal, luckily a CTA supervisor was behind the bus at the terminal and was able to get the bus back in service a little late. I later tracked it and saw it said "CHICAGO GARAGE  NOW APPROACHING" on Bus Tracker (it short turned at Erie) but I couldn't get a screenshot in time. It did though display "Grand & California 16 MIN" which was odd as I wouldn't expect it to show future stops for a different route the bus would make as it later turned into a #65 Grand bus to Navy Pier. I tracked #8186 on busfinder.byronasaurus.com and it showed it was "Route 992 to CHICAGO GARAGE".

I did notice it idled at Troy/Chicago for a few minutes, when I clicked on the stop, it displayed Stop 18219 which is not a valid stop identifier according to Bus Tracker. Just an observation though 

34 minutes ago, Agent said:

Run #321 (supposed to be the run for Blue Line 5000s from 54th Yard) is appearing in train tracker as a Pink Line train to "See train", I wonder if this is actually a Pink Line or an error

Virtual reality isn't reality. They have to program something into the signal system.

4 hours ago, Agent said:

Run #321 (supposed to be the run for Blue Line 5000s from 54th Yard) is appearing in train tracker as a Pink Line train to "See train", I wonder if this is actually a Pink Line or an error

Run #321 is out of 54th yard.  Run numbers that are #300-399 are Pink Line trains.  That's why it appears that way on the train tracker. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/11/2018 at 3:40 PM, strictures said:

If there are extra artics, then send a few more to North Park, as they've been running 40 footers on the 151 this week & use them for the afternoon rush on the westbound 155, which is usually jammed.

Um nope on that. North Park has 140 artics and does not need more for the umpteenth time whenever folks make that suggestion. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, XE NewFlyer said:

it seems likely 701 left 77th and went to another garage because it has not been on the tracker since October 4th

It has been repeatedly pointed out that it and 700 are under a contract to change them to quick charging.