More Bus Moves

sw4400

11 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Even 18Th you still close to cermak.  I feel like we can use the time and resource to put something more dire on the priority list especially for all the disruptions this will cause to make this happen

8 hours ago, rvwnsd said:

While the area might not be hurting for transit in the general sense, the people who will be living in The 78 are probably more apt to ride the 'L' than the bus. 

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

I don't think people are going well fro Cermak toa job at, say, 16th and th Chicago River.  We are talking a high density development.  At least at 15th St station shortens walking distance.  At 14th and the River the distance between there and either Cermak or Roosevelt becomes unattractive.

In defense of the project, every train station (Cermak-R, Cermak-G, Roosevelt & 18th) is a minimum 15+ minute walk, which might be a breaking point for some people (personally, I'm fine with walking that distance to the train). However, I agree with @Sam92 in that, there are other projects that should take priority over this. Plus, they still need the support of the aldercreature (thanks @Busjack) before it can move forward, I believe.

11 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Even 18Th you still close to cermak.  I feel like we can use the time and resource to put something more dire on the priority list especially for all the disruptions this will cause to make this happen

The TIF money has to be spent in the area of the TIF. That's the same as saying that the 78 TIF should be used to rebuild 83rd St. That isn't allowed. Similarly, the Medical District TIF was used to rebuild the Medical District station, not one at Central and Harrison.

22 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Plus, they still need the support of the aldercreature (thanks @Busjack) before it can move forward, I believe.

It has already passed the city council.

Apparently there has been a few Green Line station upgrades completed at Kedzie, 51st, Halsted, and Cottage Grove.

https://www.transitchicago.com/mayor-emanuel-cta-announce-completion-of-improvements-to-four-green-line-stations/

RFP for Green Line track improvements (West and South side)

https://www.transitchicago.com/solicitation/details/?cta=ApJjfjFvPxLlxK3CGTXDVVY5QQ746B8VIO2yM8wlv3I%3D

A tow truck crashed into the Logan Square Blue Line this morning: 

https://abc7chicago.com/multi-vehicle-crash-sends-tow-truck-crashing-into-cta-blue-line-station/4985676/

22 minutes ago, Tcmetro said:

Apparently there has been a few Green Line station upgrades completed at Kedzie, 51st, Halsted, and Cottage Grove.

https://www.transitchicago.com/mayor-emanuel-cta-announce-completion-of-improvements-to-four-green-line-stations/

RFP for Green Line track improvements (West and South side)

https://www.transitchicago.com/solicitation/details/?cta=ApJjfjFvPxLlxK3CGTXDVVY5QQ746B8VIO2yM8wlv3I%3D

A tow truck crashed into the Logan Square Blue Line this morning: 

https://abc7chicago.com/multi-vehicle-crash-sends-tow-truck-crashing-into-cta-blue-line-station/4985676/

Green Line slow zones EB between Ashland and  Morgan, and both directions between Cermak-McCormick Pl and 35th.

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I've spotted 7904 on the 71 as I was riding the ME. I'm guessing 7900, 7901 & 7902 are at 103rd as well, seeing as 7905 is still at 77th.

I seen that same bus on bus tracker lol I'm excited about this lol I cant wait for the rest of the Novas to get to my garage. If anybody else spot them please take pics if possible ???

3 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I've spotted 7904 on the 71 as I was riding the ME. I'm guessing 7900, 7901 & 7902 are at 103rd as well, seeing as 7905 is still at 77th.

7900 is virtually dead (reported as mechanics' bus), and, as of a couple of days ago, 7901 was in BusHunter's South Shops pictures.

57 minutes ago, Busjack said:

7900 is virtually dead (reported as mechanics' bus), and, as of a couple of days ago, 7901 was in BusHunter's South Shops pictures.

Why would 7900 be "virtually dead"? I understand it might be used for training for mechanincs, but it's part of the order of 425 Novas from 2014-2016. Are you saying it's just out of service for that purpose or is it essentially gone due to a major mechanical issue that the CTA is not going to return it to service, rather keep it for training purposes?

4 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I didn't realize that school trips out of 74th borrowed artics, 4006 & 4008 are on the 62

Those school trippers with artics are operated by Kedzie garage, not 74th.  Besides 74th not having the appropriate lifts to handle artics at that garage, it certainly hasn't been assigned any artics.  Once those K artics are through with their tripper, it operates one of the north lakefront routes that K operates.

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Those school trippers with artics are operated by Kedzie garage, not 74th.  Besides 74th not having the appropriate lifts to handle artics at that garage, it certainly hasn't been assigned any artics.  Once those K artics are through with their tripper, it operates one of the north lakefront routes that K operates.

I know about the artic & 74th situation, my curiosity was more so that Kedzie was operating artics on a non-shared route, which I hadn't seen before.

12 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I know about the artic & 74th situation, my curiosity was more so that Kedzie was operating artics on a non-shared route, which I hadn't seen before.

62 has mostly been a shared route.

Also people have documented NP running artics to schools in FG territory.

Actually, when Archer closed, 62 was primarily a Kedzie route with some runs operated by 74th.

14 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

3 minutes ago, Busjack said:

62 has mostly been a shared route.

Other than the trippers, I haven't seen any  K operated 62s.

6 hours ago, strictures said:

Lucky for us, our city and state officials don't ride CTA nor Metra.  Maybe they will ride the new cars once for publicity.

• Haha 2

On 1/7/2019 at 6:20 PM, NewFlyerMCI said:

Its a result of the decrowding plan freeing up runs to where a few artics can handle Kelly, Kennedy and another high school before serving their share of work on lake shore routes. K handed over primary service to 74th after not doing too much work south of 39th

• 2 weeks later...