Red & Purple Modernization Project (RPM)

Kevin

4 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Purple Line from Loyola (hypothethically) or from Wilson (reality) to Fullerton would still be faster than the Red Line, if both trains left from the station at the exact same time. I agree with your point about it being a Brown reliever however

From Wilson, the Red Line makes 4 stops, Sheridan,  Addison,  Belmont,  and Fullerton.  From Wilson,  the Purple line makes 4 stops, Belmont, Wellington, Diverse, and Fullerton.  Plus the Purple might be stuck behind a Brown Line train.  So I disagree that the Purple would be faster, at least from Wilson.  Currently with so much slow zone,  Pyrple isn't much faster from Loyola  

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

From Wilson, the Red Line makes 4 stops, Sheridan,  Addison,  Belmont,  and Fullerton.  From Wilson,  the Purple line makes 4 stops, Belmont, Wellington, Diverse, and Fullerton.  Plus the Purple might be stuck behind a Brown Line train.  So I disagree that the Purple would be faster, at least from Wilson.  Currently with so much slow zone,  Pyrple isn't much faster from Loyola  

oh trust me hop on a purple line and watch how fast i speeds after loyola it goes 55mph i even have a recording if u want me to post it 

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

CTA Posted Update for Flyover construction weekends:

Bus Substitution Between Addison and Belmont Stations
Free shuttle buses replace Red Line rail service between Addison and Belmont.
Fri, Jan 8 2021 10:00 PM to Mon, Jan 11 2021 4:00 AM
Fri, Jan 15 2021 10:00 PM to Mon, Jan 18 2021 4:00 AM

https://www.transitchicago.com/travel-information/railstatus/?Page=Upcoming

CTA gave a Capital Improvement Plan presentation to the CMAP Transportation Committee on Dec 11 2020.

RPM Phase 2 is presented as Thorndale to Howard with a cost of $4.1 billion.

RPM Phase 3 is presented as Addison to Sheridan and the Purple Line with no cost estimates.

Page 9 of this pdf: https://www.cmap.illinois.gov/documents/10180/1110048/CTA_CIP_FY2021-2025_CMAP_final.pdf/31f48863-4ea0-263d-2472-5d0acd6c52d8?t=1607726249694

3 hours ago, Tcmetro said:

CTA gave a Capital Improvement Plan presentation to the CMAP Transportation Committee on Dec 11 2020.

RPM Phase 2 is presented as Thorndale to Howard with a cost of $4.1 billion.

RPM Phase 3 is presented as Addison to Sheridan and the Purple Line with no cost estimates.

Page 9 of this pdf: https://www.cmap.illinois.gov/documents/10180/1110048/CTA_CIP_FY2021-2025_CMAP_final.pdf/31f48863-4ea0-263d-2472-5d0acd6c52d8?t=1607726249694

Didnt know there was a phase 3 rpm. Yeah the purple line stops look like something out of a museum. There now like the oldest elevated non rehabbed stops unless you want to mention lasalle/van buren. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Just like Roosevelt,  Stan's will be outside the station and DD will be inside.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Cool. At the Harlem green line station there is a small convenience store that I went to once they sell quick snacks and soda and other drinks, but I didn't notice any donuts there .

There used to be a coffee shop next door but it closed years ago.  Btw DD is across the street on Harlem just past Circles.  Starbucks is on Harlem just north of zcentral but south of Lake St and there's another Starbucks on Lake St in Downtown Oak Park.

1 minute ago, artthouwill said:

There used to be a coffee shop next door but it closed years ago.  Btw DD is across the street on Harlem just past Circles.  Starbucks is on Harlem just north of zcentral but south of Lake St and there's another Starbucks on Lake St in Downtown Oak Park.

Yeah on the other entrance on Harlem I noticed the Dunkin Donuts and CVS as wekk. The Starbucks on Harlem Ave is clsoest to Harlem station while the one on Lake street is closest to Oak Park right next to Jimmy John's

1 minute ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Yeah on the other entrance on Harlem I noticed the Dunkin Donuts and CVS as wekk. The Starbucks on Harlem Ave is clsoest to Harlem station while the one on Lake street is closest to Oak Park right next to Jimmy John's

There used to be a Starbucks in the 1000 block between Forest and Marion near the Fannie Mae Candies right neR the Lake St theatet.

On 2/6/2021 at 12:25 PM, NewFlyerMCI said:

Stan's is quite expensive though they are good.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2021 at 4:06 PM, artthouwill said:

Just like Roosevelt,  Stan's will be outside the station and DD will be inside.

Yeah, a decent amount of the CTA stations have DD and conveniences stores. I've seen some at 35th/Archer, Kedzie, Halsted, Ashland, Roosevelt (ofc), Polk, Jefferson Park, Morse (although the DD is across the street from the stationhouse), Fullerton, Belmont (Red/Purple/Brown), Lake, Howard, and Davis.

On 1/2/2021 at 1:19 PM, BusHunter said:

Didnt know there was a phase 3 rpm. Yeah the purple line stops look like something out of a museum. There now like the oldest elevated non rehabbed stops unless you want to mention lasalle/van buren. 

And Sheridan, Bryn Mawr (which will also be rebuilt soon) stations as well.