Red & Purple Modernization Project (RPM)

Kevin

16 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

if u look under “construction updates” on www.transitchicago.com

"Major construction work will begin this spring." This doesn't guarantee that the work will start in March. Sure, spring begins in march, but doesn't guarantee that it'll start at the month. They could start in April or even as late as May.

9 hours ago, jackathan said:

"Major construction work will begin this spring." This doesn't guarantee that the work will start in March. Sure, spring begins in march, but doesn't guarantee that it'll start at the month. They could start in April or even as late as May.

On one hand, spring could be more than just March. On the other hand, did the pedantry involved with responding to a post almost a month and half later provide us with an relevant and/or useful information? ?

7 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

On one hand, spring could be more than just March. On the other hand, did the pedantry involved with responding to a post almost a month and half later provide us with an relevant and/or useful information? ?

We all know spring 2021 means December 2039 in cta time 

• 1 month later...

It seems like CTA RPM project should be in full swing by April 25th, 2021 as tracks 3 and 4 will be out of service between Thorndale crossover and Montrose crossover and all service will run on Tracks 1 and 2. Temporary SB  platforms at Bryn Mawr and Argyle station will open for service as Lawrence and Berwyn will be closed for reconstruction. 

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

#81 will go Lawrence-Broadway-Wilson Red line-Clark-lawrence 

#92 will be rerouted to bryn mawr red line 

Is this speculation or official? I imagine it would be more likely for it to go Clark-Wilson-Marine-Lawrence-Sheridan-Wilson, return, since that first option would leave no service on Lawrence east of the Red Line. Although I guess it's not like riders will be starved for options over there. For the 92, they'll have to make sure the bus is laying over eastbound, there's no space for the 84 and 92 if they're both facing westbound.

2 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

is 146 being rerouted too

146 otoh, probably to Clark/Arthur if the 92 goes to Bryn Mawr. No space for all 3 routes

12 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

imagine it would be more likely for it to go Clark-Wilson-Marine-Lawrence-Sheridan-Wilson, return, since that first option would leave no service on Lawrence east of the Red Line. Although I guess it's not like riders will be starved for options over there.

this is what i got from CTA’s website idk if this is official but it looks wrong by lawrence/broadway since it will be closed due to construction 

488949D1-30B0-4E0C-804E-35E61E52010A.png

On 3/26/2021 at 1:12 PM, renardo870 said:

It seems like CTA RPM project should be in full swing by April 25th, 2021 as tracks 3 and 4 will be out of service between Thorndale crossover and Montrose crossover and all service will run on Tracks 1 and 2. Temporary SB  platforms at Bryn Mawr and Argyle station will open for service as Lawrence and Berwyn will be closed for reconstruction. 

Was that what was confirmed or what you heard? Because otherwise I’d would think there would be alerts and signs up about it by now. So I’m guessing the next phase won’t start for a few more weeks.

14 minutes ago, TaylorTank1229 said:

Was that what was confirmed or what you heard? Because otherwise I’d would think there would be alerts and signs up about it by now. So I’m guessing the next phase won’t start for a few more weeks.

This is what I was wondering too, since there are not upcoming bus alerts on CTA's website and I'm trying to figure out where they're going to move the 146

35 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

This is what I was wondering too, since there are not upcoming bus alerts on CTA's website and I'm trying to figure out where they're going to move the 146

Well what about the #92? If it most likely going to reroute to serve Bryn Mawr, where at the station will it terminus point be. At the main entrance (which will soon only be for northbound train entry) or the new temporary southbound entrance on Broadway! My guess is the probably the second one.

1 hour ago, TaylorTank1229 said:

Well what about the #92? If it most likely going to reroute to serve Bryn Mawr, where at the station will it terminus point be. At the main entrance (which will soon only be for northbound train entry) or the new temporary southbound entrance on Broadway! My guess is the probably the second one.

According to @Mr.NewFlyer1051, the 92 will be laying over at Bryn Mawr, facing eastbound since the 84 is facing westbound. That's why I was wondering about the 146 (I said it would go to Devon/Clark), since there would no space for the 92 & 146)