Dan Ryan Track Renewal Project

newport

Looking at the Green Line, there are still 4 trips (2 each way) that are short turned at Roosevelt in the AM rush. Also the Red Line schedule shows a 22 minute ride from 95th to Roosevelt. I'll be the judge of that next week when I go to work :lol:

It looks like the main reason was to provide a couple of 5 minute intervals back to Oak Park. Update: Also gets departures from Harlem every 7-8 minutes instead of the usual 10-12.

However, it gets the intervals to the stations at 63rd to about 23 minutes.

The Advance Timetable page promised a new map, but I saw the 2200s cover, and it wasn't. So the page needs more work.

I noticed the same thing. I thought it was maybe because I hadn't cleared my history as similar to what you suggested happened some months ago with viewing some Pace advanced timetables. But you hitting that same issue shows this time that's not the case on my part.

Looking at the Green Line, there are still 4 trips (2 each way) that are short turned at Roosevelt in the AM rush. Also the Red Line schedule shows a 22 minute ride from 95th to Roosevelt. I'll be the judge of that next week when I go to work :lol:

If they accomplish it, then it will be a vast improvement to the almost one hour trips for that same stretch that popped up from time to time with those darn slow zones that were there before the shutdown.

If they accomplish it, then it will be a vast improvement to the almost one hour trips for that same stretch that popped up from time to time with those darn slow zones that were there before the shutdown.

Let's see if it beats my record of 45 min from Fullerton to 95th. (my freshman year before slow zones got that bad)

Let's see if it beats my record of 45 min from Fullerton to 95th. (my freshman year before slow zones got that bad)

But then you have to take into account whatever mess is in the subway.

The 22 minutes indicates a 30 mph average speed, so the trains better be getting up to 55 mph to meet that (given station dwell times and the like).

Yes!!!!! Where is he at???? Can't Believe He's Back, That is truly a surprise from CTA. Now, what will the opening ceremony bring?

Well he is on a car card on a CTA "L" car and so is LE Jack, but the bad news is that he wasn't brought back AFAIK for the opening on the Dan Ryan. CTA may still surprise us though. In the spirit of the week though I'm bringing him back and LE Jack. (I can't believe there's no higher quality pictures of this until now on the net) Here are all the car cards that I know of that were in existence for Hodar and LE Jack. This is currently on "L" car #4271-72.

post-304-0-73730500-1381776073_thumb.jpgpost-304-0-35077900-1381776085_thumb.jpgpost-304-0-99774000-1381776099_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

A 5000 should be expected to be the 1st train to 95th/Dan Ryan

I was thinking yesterday when I was looking at the Red line #5000 fleet that they may go with all #5000 consists on that opening Sunday. I counted between 6-9 consists of #2600's yesterday and 6 eight car consists of #5000's in Howard yard. I don't know what was in Racine yard, but they could probably do this, It would be close with maybe one #2600 consist, but they should be releasing some more new #5000's from Skokie before the week is out. Also if they plan on using fewer trains due to the increased speed that may help also.

I noticed the same thing. I thought it was maybe because I hadn't cleared my history as similar to what you suggested happened some months ago with viewing some Pace advanced timetables. But you hitting that same issue shows this time that's not the case on my part.

The map links are now off the Advance Timetable page.

Also, for those of you who are trying to determine when is the first train, the Red Line South Reconstruction page has a countdown clock, which indicates the project will be complete at 4 a.m.

Took a look at the Red line/Dan ryan yesterday. Everything appears done, just a few last minute details on the stations. All the stations have train tracker signs on the platform as well as the station house. They are starting out with three ventra machines and one transit card machine. They still need to put up advertising. Nothing is boarded up anymore. You can look right in the stations at the street level. They already had a securitas guard at Garfield/Red line/Dan Ryan walking the platforms and stationhouse. I don't get why they lengthened 87th, the platform is now longer than the canopy. I think the south siders are going to like the upgrade, I just don't get why they used oak ties versus recycled plastic ones. I hope we're not going to be here again in 15 years. Maybe they didn't like that hard trestle like feeling. These ties should give more, but that may be a bad thing in the long run.

Yeah, I see they showed the train leveling down to the platform. When I rode the red line/Dan ryan before it closed they had some big gaps, one was about a foot higher than the station. I think that was at 47th/Dan ryan. The station curves a little there and maybe the train has difficulty leveling there.

CTA posted a ton of pictures of the testing they did with a 5000 train this past weekend here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ctaweb/sets/72157636562023064/with/10279628675/

They also confirm that the first run will be at 4am on Sunday.

They need to tell Twacy Swartz that. She reports an approximate 2 AM start time on Sunday in today's RedEye.

I'm sure some will be watching train tracker that night. That should give away the first train for those wanting to ride it or just watch it.

Probably it would make more sense to just perch at Jarvis and wait it out.

Besides whether one could get to the station on time, there is also the question whether the Train Tracker screen would be updated in time or at the right instant, given that the map now only shows trips to Ashland/63 (including the red line on the map being on that routing).

Besides whether one could get to the station on time, there is also the question whether the Train Tracker screen would be updated in time or at the right instant, given that the map now only shows trips to Ashland/63 (including the red line on the map being on that routing).

I didn't have any problems finding the first train when it closed. Just start looking around midnight or hang around at Howard.